The Suites Canada - Even *** looks good from the outside

1.4
Facilities and Services

Traveling through life makes it quite difficult to plant roots. Instead of having a home base; living in hotels for long terms were a part of who I was.

I happenstanced upon a newly built hotel in the Gasoline Alley district of the city. The Suites.

it was quite exciting to be the first person to live in my suite. There were stainless steel appliances, a stove with a glass top, a separate bedroom with an onsuite bathroom

The morning sun would reflect off the freshly painted walls through the French doors to the balcony.

From the moment I checked in; I was filled with excitement then regret. I had met the manager and her sister who lived with her. Although they were in duty; it was clear they were inebriated. The odour was quite strong.

Maintaining a professional face; especially in employment is something expected in management. I learned within a day, my experience there would not be such.

I was unpacking until late night my first evening, when a knock came on my door. I looked out the peek hole, I saw the manager outside my door. She was barely coherent and her words were slurred. She asked me if I knew where she could obtain drugs. DRUGS!

Needless to say, I was insulted by her actions and made a complaint to the shareholders.

Nothing was done. The manager was made aware of my complaint and decided to make my stay a living *** for the months I was there.

It started with my card key constantly being cancelled, so I would have to get it updated almost daily.

The computer would show my early payment each month for my rent, yet she insisted on me producing my receipts for this.

Most of her attacks were petty annoyances and quite jeuvenille. But the persistence was like a fly you just wanted to swat.

Leaving the Suites was the only solution.

Six months after my departure I received a text stating there was mail for me at the Suites. I had ordered some pet supplies online for my dog when I lived there. They hadn’t arrived.

To my utter shock; All three pieces of my mail was open.

The truth of the matter was these packages should have been returned. After all they came on three different dates.

When I contacted the manager, she claimed the tenant in my previous suite opened them. She stated he too was an employee of The Suites. we exchanged a few insulting texts and I, once again contacted the shareholders. Again they took no action against the manager.

In all my life I have not ever seen such insubordination at an establishment from top to bottom.

Prior to The Suites, in Red Deer’s Gasoline Alley I stayed at a beautiful, red brick, historical hotel in the town of Didsbury.

The Didsbury Inn was anything but new. The Oriental Owner, and his wife who run the place, we’re professional and respectful.

As a matter of fact all the hotels in which I had an extended stay of a few months, have always been a positive experience.

I chose The Suites because it was a brand new establishment and they offered a discount for extended stays. Not everything is as it seems

I have traveled to many places warm places in my lifetime; but this was my first trip to ***

Product or Service Mentioned: The Suites Canada Manager.

I liked: Look.

I didn't like: Management.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 11.